Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Icebiker

Yesterday I "icebiked" around Riverbend neighboorhood. Included was a ride ontop of riverbend pond. Worst case, I think the water is only like 4 feet deep. See video here. :)

Wikipedia even has a icebiking entry, funny:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icebiking


Click on title link for motionbased workout details - a woping 4.6 miles in a hour! Actually they have new map player working now which is pretty cool. It auto-detects pauses in workout.

No slippage as long as I was on compact snow/ice. Once I was on side roads or trail in the thick snow I slidding all over. Good for heart rate though - I was up to 164 bpm.

I needed to get out of house anyway. We had pipe burst yesterday and spent hours and hours wiping up water damage. See what ice did to our copper pipe (pic on right). All good now though, especially thanks to Handy Man!

Z


1 comment:

NobbyNick said...

Nice dude! You should have come out today! It was great!